Change is happening so rapidly in the new music industry that its hard just to keep up much less profit from the chaos. To help you stay ahead of the curve, we've put together this list of books along with some of our best Hypebot articles and outside resources. We'll be updating it regularly.
The Music 2.0 Bookshelf -
- Our Handpicked Library Of The Best New Music Business Books
From Hypebot -
- 100 Free & Affordable Hgh & Low Tech Music Promotion Tips
- Social Music Marketing - A Quick Handbook
- Do you really need or want to be a big star? An essay on "The Rise Of The Musical Middle Class" Parts 1, II and III plus Industry Reaction
- New Record Label Models
Other Resources -
- Andrew Dubber's free e-book "20 Things You Need To Know About Music Online"
- Future Talks - A video series with "music futurist" Gerd Leonhard
- The consumer's point of view on digital music @ OurDigitalMusic.com
- A sample CD marketing budget in an Excell spreadsheet from Cool's Corner