Monday we wrote about Songkick's web buzz tracking and comparison site, now the company which focuses on resources and recommendations for lovers of live music, has unveiled a much broader live music recommendation destination.
Songkick scans the web, blogosphere and a user’s music library, and alerts users whenever a band that they like or may like is playing in their area. For every concert listed, Songkick provides one-click access to ticket vendors, providing convenient price comparison for music fans.
- Concert recommendations – Based on the songs you have in your music library, your location and the bands you’ve asked Songkick to track, Songkick is able to recommend shows in your area, including gigs that you might not know about but would probably enjoy. Suddenly your Friday nights don’t seem so empty anymore.
- Tour tracking – Never miss another performance! Songkick informs users by email whenever their favorite bands come to town. A downloadable plug-in will scan the user’s music library and add all artists to the tour tracker instantly.
- One click tickets - Songkick has direct links to ticket inventory from 16 vendors across the US and UK, making price comparisons and purchases a click away.
- Battle of the bands – A line graph comparison of a band’s relative popularity based on MySpace data points (page views, song plays, friends added), Amazon sales, and blog buzz.
- Songkick Widgets – Love to share your taste in music? Tell everyone what tour you’re patiently waiting for with a widget that gives instant access to tour information for bands you’re tracking.