As I prepare my predictions for 2008, I decided to take a look back on how well the crystal ball did last year. Yesterday I showed you my 2007 music industry predictions, (OK, I didn't do that badly). Today let's take a look at what some other pundits predicted for the year that just was.
Bob Lefsetz's predictions included:
- EMI headed for big trouble
- Billboard getting thinner and thinner
- Band managers growing in importance
Digital maven Rags Gupta's predictions:
- Last.FM and Pandora will get bought by Google, Clear Channel or Viacom
- eMusic will file an IPO
- The Sony BMG merger case will be favorably resolved by the EU courts. EMI and Warner Music will try to merge again
Blogger J Herskowitz's predictions included:
- Mecora gets sued
- SpiralFrog launches with a thud
- Zune starts to make inroads
Click here for Hypebot's 2007 predictions.